3 Days st Lucia and Hluhluwe Game Reserve
Spend the night in a world Heritage site and experience a night Safari looking for leopards and Aardvark. Cruise the st Lucia Estuary looking for hippos and crocodiles getting up really close. Join this to Hluhluwe Game reserve and you have a Safari experience to Remember.
Safari Tour Highlights
Cruise on a wild African Estuary and get up close to Hippos
Experience a Open Vehicle Night Safari and spot the Elusive Leopard
Search for the exciting Big 5 with experienced guide
See Hippos and crocodiles up close on an estuary cruise
Visit Isimangaliso and Hluhluwe on a 3 Day Safari
- Day 1
- Let me take you on an African Adventure. I will take you on a Night Safaris, Boat Safari and Driving Safari. We cook on the open fire and Watch Hyenas drooling from the Dark We depart Durban early With Your qualified Safari Guide in luxury comfortable vehicle. The Drive is 2,5 hours but your Guide will fill the time chatting and filling you in with the beginnings of Durban and South Africa and some other tales. First Destination is St Lucia Estuary and Isimangaliso Wetlands park. Here we will board an estuary cruiser and spend 2 hours looking for Hippos and crocodiles. You skipper is well versed in the ways of the river and will fill you with details about hippos and keep you safe. We will check into to our accommodation that will be within easy walking distance of all the restaurants and shops. Today dinner willl have to be early as the night drive leaves at 7pm. This included activity is a must do. Isimangaliso is well know for its Leopard sighting and has a good population of theses fine cats. Upon return it will be bed time.
- Day 2
- We will get up not too early and go for a good breakfast at the local. Our next destination is Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve. Heading in we will have time for a Half day Game drive and will have a great time viewing animals, Zebra , buffalo and antelope species are common. Check in is at 2 pm so with a short break we will go out on our afternoon drive and look for the Big 5. Lions, Rhinos and Elephants are often seen . Dinner will be at the Main Camps restaurant , buffet style.
- Day 3
- Today we will get up a little earlier. First light is a good time to look for lions and maybe catch a rhino marking its territory. Back in camp we will enjoy a good buffet Breakfast and hot coffee. This is a time to discuss option. We can spend more time with our Big 5 Safari n Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve. and maybe visit more of the Game reserve. We do have a few activities nearby that are optional extras. Elephant Interaction Or Cheetah Project and Rehabilitation Center OPTIONAL ELEPHANT INTERACTION We will drive out to a Private Game Reserve that has adopted 2 Elephants. These elephants were orphaned and hand raised so now see humans as part of the herd. You will hand feed the Elephants and get to touch them and get plenty of really interesting information about them. As this is optional extra cost is involved OPTIONAL CHEETAH PROJECT AND REHABILITATION CENTER The main Aim of this project is to create awareness about our rare cats. Secondly to breed them for release into Game reserve so as to sustain a population. There are 4 species of cats. African Wild cats, Servals, Caracals and Cheetah. Some of these cats were hand raised and so cannot be released. these are the ambassadors for their species. You will get to pet a few of the cats, take photos and sit next to a cheetah for a portrait shot. As this is optional extra cost is involved
- Transfer to and from Durban and Game Reserves
- All accommodation While on tour
- Dinners and Breakfasts while on Safari
- Estuary cruise at st Lucia
- Sunset Game drive
- Air-conditioned Safari Vehicle
- Qualified Safari Guide
- Optional Elephant interaction
- Optional Cheetah Project and Rehabilitation Project
- Personal Items